- Under $15 (duh!)
- A clean scent or have no scent whatsoever.
- Longevity. A mascara is no good to me if it only looks good in the morning, um no! I need my face to last through the little league games and grocery shopping.
- I need to LOVE it!
So, let's get this going.
1. EIDON California Gold SPF 25, $9.71. This stuff is AMAZING (sorry for yelling)! I was on the look out for years, for a SPF that was all natural, didn't leave a white cast, and is light weight. A lot of what I was finding looked and felt great, but they were filled with crappy chemicals, that burned my eyes or that was just plain toxic. Or, I was finding the opposite, non-toxic but felt super heavy and left me looking like I just put Elmer's Glue on my face, not cute. EIDON is super light weight. I use it in place of my moisturizer in the morning, plus it has good ingredients like MSM and Silica. It sinks right in to my skin and is perfect under makeup. I use it on my face and I even use it on my eyes, down my neck, on my kids, you name it.
2. Yes to Carrots Nourishing Fragrance Free Cleansing Wipes, $9.49 for a 3 pack. These wipes really take off that first layer of makeup (I have many layers, you probably only have one layer). I use these before I get into the shower at night. They are fragrance free, but still have a mild, clean scent (I hate strong scents in any beauty product). I still wash my face with my normal cleanser, I like clean face. These are also great for travel or your workout bag. Again, I use these bad boys on my cute boys. They are mild enough for their sensitive skin.
3. Boots Botanics Facial Oil, $13.36. I am a huge fan of oils on the skin. When you use oil on the skin, it seals in any serum or treatment you have on under the oil. If my skin is feeling dull or dry, I mix a drop in with my foundation or moisturizer/sunscreen and i apply like I normally would. At night, I use this oil as my very last product that I put on my face, about 2 hours before bed (so, it doesn't ruin my sheets). This oil is light weight and I can use it even with my oily, acne prone skin. It has a clean citrusy scent that I love.
4. NYC Eyeliner Liquide in Black, $13.65 for a 3 pack. This is a holy grail for most professional makeup artists' personal kits. It is black, like dark as night. It lasts all day and it has the best thin brush for precise application. If you want that bold Angelina cat eye, look no further.
5. Maybelline Fit ME Concealer in 20 Sand Sable or 15 Fair, $5.49. I have been using this concealer for years. It's the perfect yellow and pink based concealers for my stubborn dark circles. This concealer brightens my eye area with out feeling too heavy. It doesn't crease and blends like a dream. And, come on, $5.49?? You can't beat it!
6. Elf Blush in Candid Coral, $5.98. This blush gives a beautiful coral, peachy flush with a little shimmer. It's perfect for spring or summer. I pair it with a smokey, bronze eye for that perfect summer, fresh look.
7. Rohto Eye Drops in Cool, $4.98. These eye drops make my red, bloodshot eyes crystal clear in minutes. The first time I tried these, I freaked out! They give your eyes a weird, icy feeling, but I learned to love the pain and having white eyes. If you have really sensitive eyes, use with caution.
8. L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara in Carbon Black, $7.49. I started my love affair with this mascara ten years ago when I worked at L'Oreal. I use this on my clients all of the time. It gives the most beautiful, long, black lashes. If you are lacking in length in the lash department, try this! This little guy never fails me. It even lasts through my workouts.
9. Elf Mad for Matte Eye Shadow Palette, $10.05. These shadows are SO smooth, buttery, blend-able. The colors...don't even get me started! There is a good combo of warms and cools. This is the perfect palette for travel, to just throw in your purse. These shadows are also great for anyone who has any texture on their lids because their is zero shimmer to accentuate lines or creases. I love, love, love this palette,
10. L'Oreal Brow Stylist Definer in Brunette, $12.21. For anyone that knows me well, knows my brows are sad, very sad. I have no brows. Yep, pretty much five hairs over each eye, that's it. I have used high end brow products that work great, but let me tell you, this works just as well, even better. The thin tip is what gives a natural looking brow. The texture is not too waxy or soft nor is it too hard where it gives no color pay off. It's perfect!!!
11. Coty Air Spun Loose Powder in Translucent, $12.50. Let me tell you the joy this powder gives me! It's been a holy grail for me before I even knew what holy grail meant, seriously. It's great if you like to "cook" or "bake" your face (we'll get into that later). It's also awesome for a light dusting to barely set your makeup, that's how I usually wear it. It does have a strong perfume scent, BUT it goes away after a few seconds, so it still makes the cut. I also use the shade Naturally Neutral.
So, that's it, my top 11 beauty/makeup products under $15. If you have any that I didn't mention, please comment in the comment section!
Some of these products I purchased from the drugstore when they were having sales or BOGO's. My tip to you is always check the flyers that are sent out mid-week to get the best deals on your local drugstores! Please don't forget to subscribe to get all of my Beauty 101 tips and tricks!